Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Joy markers of my path

It all started with an ordinary brown bag, filled with 4 ordinary river rocks. What God did is extraordinary. The retreat I attended was titled "Unstopping the wells that the enemy has stopped up".
When I went I never dreamed of what God was going to do in my life! It had been months in the making but that night I finally opened up my heart to what God was trying to do in my life. We used our rocks to build an "altar" to lay burdens on and give them to God. I knelt praying with tears rolling down my face. By the time I reached the point of going up for prayer I was a sobbing mess. Through my mess, God made beautiful. God spoke words through a woman praying over me and I walked away with "Determination" and "Deliverance" resounding in my heart. When I got home I wrote those words on the rocks from the conference. Those marked a night of being set free. Great joy!
                                                                         
A couple of months later God gave me the word "Victory" to add to my remaining rocks. That was the point in time when he was calling me to fast from soda.
                                                                             

"Determination" marks the jar that has stones in it representing the pounds that I need to lose. "Victory" marks the jar that has the pounds lost, but more importantly the obedience that is happening in my life.
                                                                     

Since that time I have other words that mark occasions and joys. Loved. When I finally started to love myself. "Crave God" as I journeyed through Made to Crave and watched him change my life! "Peace" as I made choices that were in the center of His will. "Friends" to mark the times when life was turning upside down and he sent fellowship, laughter, accountability and Christian women to walk beside me.

As I continue to live more fully in his will I will continue to fill up my Joy Jar with markers of what he is doing in my life.
                                                                      

I have a remaining rock from the conference waiting for the next turning point that He has for me.
I have the feeling it's going to be a big one and I can't WAIT for it!






18 comments:

  1. I just thoroughly enjoyed your post this morning and wow, what a great idea of your Joy Jar of rocks marking those obedience victories in your life!! Way to go sister!! Thanks for sharing!! Be blessed :)

    Trish (P31 OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to see what else God fills up my Joy Jar with. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. wow. i love how you use the jars for pounds to loose and pounds lost. Determination and victory. i am going to do this. and how obedience is the most important.

    Thank you for the pictures too.

    Janice (P31 Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that you enjoy your visual for losing pounds and gaining obedience. It has been an encouragement to me to see that my "next choice" has been a good one. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Now this is a keeper blog post...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, Thank you! :) I'm glad that it touched your heart. It's amazing to look back and see that God was preparing all of it months in advance! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. I love that you have them all in a row like on a window sill to remind you each time you look at it of what you have been through and where you are going and how God has led you. Thank you for your insight. Julie P31 group 39

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the jars are in my kitchen window and my Joy Jar is on my dresser so I see it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I'm very visual so this is a great reminder of God's love and care for me. I love the stories in the Bible of people marking God's provision with stones. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. Love your joy marker rocks! Great visual and even greater testimony! Thanks for blessing my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's amazing to see where God has brought me so far.. can't wait for the next months of the journey! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a powerful blog post. I too am a visual person, so I will seriously consider doing something like this. In addition, I plan to add dates as a visual timeline of my journey with God. Thank you for sharing with us! Blessings, Lori (P31 OBS Group 39)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I have dates of certain milestones (most represented by my rocks) on my ipod and in my journal but had thought about putting them on the back of the rocks. It's encouraging to see where God has brought us so far. Blessings

      Delete
  7. What a great idea, I was think of something new for my garden. Joy Markers out of River Rocks would be wonderful, Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irma! I have stones on my deck and in pots that are from physical places I've been and also to mark certain prayer answers in my life. Have a wonderful time in your garden full of Joy Markers!

      Delete
  8. Love this! We have a rock container for "praise" and "prayer" at my church...I never thought to make one of my own. Thanks for walking alongside me during this M2C study. It's been such a blessing...meaning YOU'VE been such a blessing :) HUGS! See you in victory if we never meet on this side!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, it has been a huge blessing for me as well to have shared this journey with you. You have been in my prayers and thoughts throughout our shared blogging. Hugs back! :)

      Delete
  9. Your blog is a blessing to anyone who reads it.
    Thank you for sharing it friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pkb! It truly is my hearts desire for God to use me to encourage others in this journey of putting God before food.

      Delete