Saturday, May 3, 2014

Beach Blog

This week's blog comes to you from the Oregon Coast. While I wait in the car my guys are out in the torrential downpour of rain playing disc golf. My musings today are on maintaining a healthy lifestyle when you are completely out of your home environment.

                                                                           

I have been planning my food and what I'd do on vacation for the past month yet yesterday while on the road my carefully crafted plan fell apart. My "planned indulgence" turned into an unplanned run in with 3 cookies. My carefully planned "Simply Filling" dinner didn't happen when we stopped to eat out because it was getting late. My goal to lose weight while on vacation might not happen unless I make the whole family crazy and do nothing but think of my next bite. Thinking of food non stop is bad for me.

What I can do on vacation. Put into practice the MTC (Made to Crave) tools that I've learned. Truths that stand out and help me to focus.



"Make my next choice a good one". This morning I started with an apple, oatmeal with flax seed and a banana. My morning attitude and choices set the tone for the day.
                                                                           
 Drink more water. I have my water bottle with me. No excuses.

Move more! Hubby & I had a lovely 3 mile walk on the beach this morning. Okay, the company was lovely. The whipping wind and rain weren't awesome but we had fun regardless!

                                                          


Focus more on family than on food.

                                                                         


Don't get into "vacation mode" and throw months of hard work out the window.

Vacation is a time to renew and refresh myself. Putting myself back into food bondage isn't refreshing whatsoever. Each choice I make. Each food temptation I am victorious over. Each step of obedience to God in this area of my life is my renewing and refreshing.

 I will fully satisfy the needs of those who are weary and fully refresh the souls of those who are faint.
Jeremiah 31:25 NET Bible

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Looks like your are walking the M2C walk. Maybe on perfect but you sound like you are on top of it all and keeping it real. The Oregon coast has a special place in my heart. My oldest daughter and her family of a hubby, 3 children (ages 11, 7 and 5) lived in Portland Oregon for 10 years. They recently moved up to Ridgefield Washington not far from Portland and have added 4 chickens to the family. I recently returned from a trip there a couple of weeks ago and did really well "food plan" wise. The return home has surprisingly been the real challenge. I pray things go well for you. God Bless
    Miriam from Jesus Girls Getting Healthy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, My grandmother used to live in Ridgefield, WA!! :) (insert "It's a Small World" song. LOL) Having a food plan really makes it easy to stay in control, doesn't it? It's so easy for "Life" to happen and make it a challenge. I'm praying that you are back on top of things! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete